CODRA PANORAMA E² SCADA
HMI – SCADA – LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT
Panorama E² : Information & SCADA system
Panorama E² is a SCADA system (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) developed by Codra. This multi-purpose solution is the ideal platform for building modern applications for all industrial processes, with an open and flexible design, reliability, and easy deployment. It retains all the benefits of its predecessor Panorama P²: simple installation and a rich feature set.
Built entirely using object-oriented principles, Panorama E² is fully open to different technologies. It offers a wide range of standard features, and you can create and add your own functions.
At the heart of Panorama E², is a set of software services offering advanced functions for data processing (data acquisition, alarms and events processing, calculations, archiving, animations, etc.) while managing the infrastructures either automated or manually (distributed architectures, redundant, batteries of communications equipment, Active Directory, diffusing and updating applications, etc.)change picture!
The graphical environment
Panorama E² HMI features fully vector-based graphics. SCADA HMI editor allows you to build sophisticated mimic diagrams with a wide range of animation items. You build mimics adapted to your needs, highlighting vital data to manage & maintain facilities.
A ready-to-use object library facilitates HMI design and allows the fast development of detailed mimics.
Your information is presented according to your company standards and/or according to the best practices such as those advised by ASM. These recommendations from critical industrial backgrounds can be applied to all areas where industrial SCADA is used.
Whatever your application, it must adapt its
- Navigation (menus, hypertext links, multiple windows, display sizes etc.)
- The use of color-coding and visual standards
- User-specific requirements (profiles, custom information)
- User behavior (actions/procedures available on different devices)
- The application environment (PCs, smartphones, touch screens, systems without keyboards, remote screens)
During System Design
All these user requirements drive the software functions. When creating your SCADA HMI in Panorama Studio, these functions need to interact in order to obtain the desired system
- Determining animations and commands
- Displaying a particular view
- Opening a menu
- Managing access rights
- Configuring items/pre-configuring components
All our standard tools feature our user-friendly Panorama HMI, making it easier for you to build your applications.
Your HMI fits with your device support: PC, smartphone, touch panel,
From the field, all mobile operators will access relevant information: visualization of the process and equipment status, notification and management of alarms, on-call services, etc. Direct access to information is offered through geolocation or QR-Code reading features. In the Industry 4.0 era, the end-user becomes a “connected operator”. Panorama Mobile helps the operator’s awareness and contributes to the proper functioning and predictive maintenance of your industrial plant.
During system design
The development environment for mobile HMI is also
- Zoom in and out
- Short press / long press
- Text entry
- Cursor move.
Panorama E² integrates natively a multitude of protocols, no need for
The protocols integrated
Native protocols in Panorama E² :
- FTP (files/directories managementIEC61850
- Modbus, Modbus/TCP
- OPC DA, OPC UA
- SNMP V1 V2 et V3
A standardized protocol
- Communication via notification
- Command prioritization
- Advanced management of alarms schedules, etc.
- Object-oriented programming for reading, writing, and creating objects.
- Network device discovery
- Standardized but open design,
Although originally conceived in 1987, the first version of BACnet was not released until 1996. The solution really took off in 2005 as major vendors became interested. Today BACnet covers other types of application related to BMS: access control, fire safety, etc. BACnet is more than just a protocol—it is a full-fledged ANSI and ISO standard.
Interoperability with Panorama E² SCADA System
BACnet and Panorama E² have many points in common:
- Object-oriented programming
- Notification when values change (BACnet COV)
- Open architecture
- Easy implementation.
In order to maintain all of BACnet’s advantages, it was vital to enable native integration without going through an intermediate gateway. The design of Panorama E² made it easy for us to create a new BACnet configuration import tool. The tool makes it possible to automatically generate a Panorama application based on the discovery of the BACnet network. In 2010 we added support for BBMD (BACnet/IP Broadcast Management Device) in order to enable communications over the Internet for large installations distributed across multiple sites. All BACnet services are native in Panorama E².
Coupled with the LonWorks Network Services (LNS) server, Panorama uses LonWorks devices, an optimized and flexible communication protocol dedicated to BMS / FM.
Native integration of the communication protocol IEC 61850, international standard communication for electrical installations.
Panorama solutions cover all sizes of applications and all types of architectures:
- Supervision of experiments and small production runs. Panorama example:
Pharmaceuticalapplication running on a single workstation, with 25 variables.
- Supervision of a production line or a specific
application .Panorama example: FM installation, one server andone viewing workstation, with 1,500 variables.
- Process supervision and large-scale applications. Panorama example: Distribution, telemetry, production,
collectionof fresh water and wastewater (+ video surveillance), management center, 200 remote sites with redundant operations centers, 40 itinerant clients, 140,000 variables.
- Multi-application supervision: Panorama example: Management of 600 sites & consolidation of 10 applications, air conditioning, counters, alarms, heating, video, warehouses, electricity, lighting, fire detection, access control.
- Process hypervision (a world premiere): 50 virtualized servers, 10 systems, 1 hypervision, 1,600,000 variables Panorama example: Laser MegaJoule
You do not always have to overhaul your entire application in order to meet the changing requirements of your installation. You can easily adapt your architecture to handle:
- Extensions and enlargements
- New redundant servers with better security
- Any hardware or software architecture enhancement
- New, more powerful machines
- New Panorama features and enhancements: providing data to an ERP, managing production or maintenance, remote interventions, etc.
Your Panorama application will never be called into question. You can:
- Associate parts of the application to particular servers, without touching the content
- Declare principles for using distributed or redundant servers, without touching the content
- Improve your component models to take into account specific technical features of new equipment—they are applied automatically across your entire application
- Enhance your models with additional features: management of on-call periods or absences, preventive/curative maintenance notifications for the plant’s operator and/or external CMMS, generation of operating reports or quality/performance reports.
Panorama E² Alarm Management
One of the important aspects
The management of alarms must provide the users with all services enabling them to be informed of the occurrence of abnormal system operating conditions, to report that anomalies have been taken into account, to act on their origin, and to process fault history.
The Panorama E² alarm objects may be used for many different behaviors:
- Reflecting a PLC (Programmable Logic
Controlller) boolean value of a present alarm
- Comparing an acquired or computed value to a model (trend) and detecting a gap
- Using apparition, clearance and
- Whilst linked to a calculation, hysteresis toggling.
Panorama E² alarm management includes several native presentations functions, including:
Presentation and notification of alarms (with alarm name, alarm priority, alarm status, date and time
Alarm management (filtering of alarms, User right actions, contextual views),
Alarm parameter (Rerouting of alarm, Delayed or Repeated Alarms, Alarm grouping with unlimited tags system).
Any existing information in alarms can be presented into fully customizable alarm windows. This enables a fast and accurate user reaction.
As any value managed by Panorama E², alarm
With Panorama E², you are free to build your own navigation system to display and organize information. You can use Alarm Synthesis to count present alarms, cleared